Painting the walls, be it the favourite room of your house or any corporate office rooms, go through the following tips and tricks to prepare a wall for painting. Let’s explore how to prepare a wall for painting with the help of 10 quick steps to help nurture your imaginations-
- Keep a Clear Theme: Decide your essence and justify it with the need for the wall. If it’s a study room, make sure there are only a few shelves with their shades, lamp, a table, and a chair. Next, select your color according to the shape and size of your room. Likewise, for a divine dining place, you have several foodie themes to cherish for each time of your meal. So, choose a clear theme before settling for painting a wall.
- Check Defects: Always do a mandatory quick inspection. This will help detect the defects to treat major and minor cracks, crevices, holes, and clean the seepages. Removing the wallpaper is also necessary if you want to get good paint over the wall.
- Choose your Tools and Products Accordingly: One of the most important tips is to have a good flow of painting and this can be done only with the best tools for painting exteriors and interiors.
- Putty Time: The tricks to increase the life of the paint is to apply an appropriate application of putty on the wall before you decide to paint. It ensures a smooth platform for your painting, covering all the undulations, fractures, and ill-looking sides of the wall. And let it dry before the primer coating.
- Pick your Colour: Cheer up your spirit by choosing a colour for your wall that would be warm and inviting. Also, try to first start with darker shades so that rectifications can be done.
- Figure out How Much Paint You Will Need: Though it’s a wall, be prepared to have a good amount of paint in hand so that the finishing doesn’t demand a bad mix of water or primer with the paint. For this, you can use an easily available paint calculator that will certainly save your time and money.
- Be Aware of Putting Primer on the Entire Wall Before Painting: This step provides a perfect finishing. Also, make sure to wait until the walls completely dry for a perfect result after painting.
- Let the Brush Flow With the Letters: A good stroke prepares a wall for the best painting ahead. Make a W or V on the wall you want to paint and get the paint aligned with them. This is a proven technique to paint the wall like a professional.
- Pick out the nails, hanging frames, or curtains and keep them away from the wall before painting. Remove all the adhesives and protect the furniture, switch-boards.
- Wait for the Right Climate: If it’s too cold, the primer and putty will take time to dry and this will kill your time for waiting to paint. Also, too much humid climate may create problems. Selecting summer times or dry weather is the best time to get the wall prepared.
These tricks and tips are small on a budget. But they ensure you get a long-lasting wall for that picture-perfect room.
Related Reads: 5 Professional Interior Painting tips for a Small House